Click on the next button to access the abstract submission form.
Already an account and wish to update your submission?
You may review, update your abstract or add a new one.
Abstract submission guidelines
The technical program is focused on Noise and Vibration control engineering, including academic research as well as applied research to industrial, transportation, architectural and environmental contexts. The Inter-Noise 2024 program also includes multidisciplinary approaches related to noise impact on biodiversity, art & science, education & popularization of noise control, as well as noise control & social sciences.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts on original work that has not previously been presented at an engineering or scientific conference or published in an archival refereed journal. A manuscript is required for all presentations accepted in the conference program.
By submitting a paper, authors implicitly accept that their presentation will be recorded and made available online to conference attendees for one month after the conference.
The abstract submission is only available through the online submission form. Be sure to use the vertical scroll bar to see all the information when filling in the form.
- The person submitting an abstract is defined as “Corresponding author“. He/she will be the recipient of all correspondence with members of the Organizing Committee, e.g. notification/revision of an Abstract or Paper.
- Co-authors receive information by e-mail when an Abstract is created.
- The Corresponding author can update Abstract information until the submission deadline.
- The Corresponding author is designated as “Presenter” by default, but this selection can be changed to another co-author if needed..
- The Corresponding author can submit up to 2 abstracts (1 abstract is included in the registration fee; the second is subject to an additional charge).
- Once notification of abstract acceptance has been received, the Corresponding author may finalise his/her registration and proceed with payment.
Personal information (Corresponding author)
This information is requested when the account is created, and can be modified at a later date if required.
- Last Name/Family name & First name: respect the order and information requested, avoid special characters.
- Email: email address by which you wish to be contacted.
- Affiliation: name of company, university, laboratory… if there is no affiliation, give your Last name and First name
Submit an abstract
- Title of the abstract in English. Only the first word of the title must be capitalized (except for special words). Do not use special characters.
- Authors must be created in the desired order. Any later change can be made by editing or deleting the author entries.
- You can select the Co-author who will present the work (as “Presenter”). If the Presenter has already been selected, you must first deselect it before assigning it to another Co-author.
- “Invited paper”: check this box if you are submitting an abstract following an official invitation by the Chair of the corresponding session.
- Select a topic from the list to display the list of associated sessions.
- Any submitted abstract must be written in English and have a length between 100 and 200 words.
- It cannot include figures, tables or equations, symbols or unexplained abbreviations. It should avoid references as much as possible.
List of structured sessions
1. Physical Acoustics & Elastic Waves (Chairs: Vincent TOURNAT, Olga UMNOVA)
1.0. Physical Acoustics & Elastic Waves: General (Chairs: Vincent TOURNAT, Olga UMNOVA)
1.1. Nonlinear Acoustics
1.2. Sound Propagation in Heterogeneous Media
1.3. Sound Interaction with Natural Media
1.4. Elastic & mechanical Metamaterials: Waves and Dynamics (Chair: Zhaoyong SUN)
1.5. Acoustic Metamaterials & Phononic Materials (Chairs: Bruno MORVAN, Liuxian ZHAO)
2. Measurement Methods (Chairs: Quentin LECLERE, Wan-Ho CHO)
2.0. Measurement Methods: General (Chairs: Quentin LECLERE, Wan-Ho CHO)
2.1. Microphone Array Techniques (Chairs: François OLLIVIER, Efren FERNANDEZ-GRANDE)
2.2. Spatial Capture & Reproduction (Chairs: Pierre LECOMTE, Jung-Woo CHOI)
2.3. Measurement Instrumentation (Chairs: Manuel MELON, Wan-Ho CHO)
2.4. Measurement Standards (Chairs: Guillaume LEMAITRE, Triantafillos KOUKOULAS)
2.5. Measurement Methods for Smart Cities and Noise Monitoring (Chairs: Lucille LAMOTTE, Douglas MANVELL)
3. Modeling & Simulation Techniques (Chairs: Jean-Daniel CHAZOT, Cheol-Ho JEONG)
3.0. Modeling & Simulation Techniques: General (Chairs: Jean-Daniel CHAZOT, Cheol-Ho JEONG, Marcus MÄDER)
3.1. Light Computational Models for Acoustics and Vibration Simulation (Chairs: Emmanuel PERREY-DEBAIN, Hadrien BERIOT)
3.2. Acoustics and Vibration Modeling of Electrical Machines (Chairs: Vincent LANFRANCHI, Fabien CHAUVICOURT)
3.3. Numerical Methods for Nonlinear Applications in Vibro-Acoustics & Vibration (Chair: Emeline SADOULET-REBOUL)
3.4. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Diagnosis in Acoustics & Vibration (Chairs: Mohamed ICHCHOU, Ines LOPEZ ORTEAGA)
3.5. Data-driven and Machine Learning Methods for Modeling and Design in Acoustics & Vibration (Chairs: Rafael TELOLI, Nikolas BORREL JENSEN)
3.6. Acoustic Design using Optimization Methods (Chairs: Olavo M. SILVA, Vicente CUTANDA HENRIQUEZ)
4. Vibro-acoustics & Structure-Borne Noise (Chairs: François GAUTIER, Stephen HAMBRIC)
4.0. Vibro-acoustics & Structure-Borne Noise: General (Chairs: François GAUTIER, Stephen HAMBRIC)
4.1. Numerical Methods in Vibro-acoustics (Chairs: Laurent MAXIT, Oriol GUASCH)
4.2. Experiments in Vibro-acoustics (Chairs: Tyler DARE, Stephen HAMBRIC)
4.3. Use of Micro Perforated Panels in Vibro-acoustics (Chairs: Cédric MAURY, Thomas DUPONT)
4.4. Inverse Problems in Vibro-acoustics (Chairs: Mathieu AUCEJO, Nicolas TOTARO)
4.5. Passive Control of Noise & Vibration Using Acoustic Black Hole Effect (Chairs: François GAUTIER, Wonju JEON)
5. Signal Processing, Reproduction & Diagnostics (Chairs: Jérôme ANTONI, Adam HILL)
5.0. Signal Processing, Reproduction & Diagnostics: General (Chairs: Jérôme ANTONI, Adam HILL)
5.1. Spatial Audio
5.2. Sound Reinforcement
5.3. Audio Transducers
6. Aero- & Thermo-Acoustics (Chairs: Pierrick LOTTON, Randolph LEUNG)
6.0. Aero- & Thermo-Acoustics: General (Chairs: Pierrick LOTTON, Randolph LEUNG)
6.1. Thermoacoustics & Combustion (Chair: Pierrick LOTTON)
6.2. Thermoacoustic Engines (Chair: Pierrick LOTTON)
6.3. Computational Methods in Flow-induced Noise & Vibration
6.4. Experiments in Flow-induced Noise & Vibration
6.5. Rotor & Turbomachinery Noise
6.6. Duct Aero-acoustics: Propagation and Noise Reduction in Industrial and Academical Problems (Chairs: Thomas HUMBERT, Randolph LEUNG)
6.7. (Aero-)acoustic Material Design (Chairs: Frank SIMON, Michael G. JONES)
7. Active Systems for Noise & Vibration Control (Chairs: Manuel COLLET, Woon-Seng GAN)
7.0. Active Systems for Noise & Vibration Control: General (Chairs: Manuel COLLET, Woon-Seng GAN)
7.1. Hybrid Active-Passive Systems for Noise & Vibration Control (Chairs: Simon CHESNE, Marek PAWELCZYK, Jonathan RODRIGUEZ)
7.2. Signal Processing & Algorithms for Noise & Vibration Control (Chair: Bhan LAM)
7.3. New Applications of Active Control (Chairs: Yann MEYER, Yoshinobu KAJIKAWA)
7.4. Artificial Intelligence for Active Systems in Noise & Vibration Control (Chair: Dongyuan SHI)
7.5. Nonlinear Active Metamaterials (Chairs: Emmanuel GOURDON, Alireza TURE SAVADKOOHI)
7.6. Active Metamaterials for Noise & Vibration Control (Chairs: Hervé LISSEK, Felix LANGFELDT)
8. Aircraft Noise (Chairs: Frank SIMON, Sebastian GHINET)
8.0. Aircraft Noise: General (Chairs: Frank SIMON, Sebastian GHINET)
8.1. Aircraft Interior Noise (Chairs: Frank SIMON, Sebastian GHINET)
8.2. Aircraft Exterior Noise (Chair: Guillaume DAVILLER)
8.3. Airport Noise (Chairs: Emmanuel JULLIARD, Idvar Ludvig NILSEN GRANØIEN, Naoaki SHINOHARA)
8.4. Advanced Monitoring & Measurement
8.5. Supersonic Aircraft Noise (Chair: Lothar BERTSCH)
8.6. Urban Air Mobility Noise (Chairs: Romain GOJON, Roalt AALMOES)
9. Ground Transportation and Industrial Noise and Vibration (Chairs: Arnaud DUVAL, Wolfgang KROPP)
9.0. Ground Transportation and Industrial Noise and Vibration: General (Chairs: Arnaud DUVAL, Wolfgang KROPP)
9.1. Measurement Methods for Tire/Road Noise (Chairs: Fabienne ANFOSSO-LEDEE, Ulf SANDBERG)
9.2. Acoustic Properties of Road Pavements (Chairs: Fabienne ANFOSSO-LEDEE, Ulf SANDBERG)
9.3. Acoustic Properties of Tires for Exterior Noise (Chairs: Stuart BOLTON, Rui CAO, Wolfgang KROPP)
9.4. Vehicle Acoustics (Chairs: Pascal BOUVET, Arnaud DUVAL)
9.5. Railway Noise: Detection, Mitigation and Modelling (Chairs: Haike BRICK, Olivier CHIELLO, Jannik THEYSSEN)
9.6. Noise Barriers and Noise Mitigation Methods (Chairs: Massimo GARAI, Jean-Pierre CLAIRBOIS)
9.7. Auralisation of Transportation Noise (Chairs: Julien MAILLARD, Wolfgang KROPP)
9.8. Vibration from Ground Transportation: Sources and Propagation (Chairs: Pierre ROSPARS, Xiaozhen SHENG)
9.9. Industrial noise control (Chairs: Isabelle SCHMICH, Carl-Christian HANTSCHK)
9.10. Wind Turbine Noise (Chairs: David ECOTIERE, Franck BERTAGNOLIO)
9.11. Road Traffic Noise: calculation method (Chairs: Bruno VINCENT, Laura ESTEVEZ)
10. Underwater, Ship & Offshore Acoustics (Chairs: Valentin MEYER, Joe CUSCHIERI)
10.0. Underwater, Ship & Offshore Acoustics: General (Chairs: Valentin MEYER, Joe CUSCHIERI)
10.1. Underwater Marine System Noise Radiation and Control (Chairs: Valentin MEYER, Joe CUSCHIERI)
10.2. Underwater Acoustic Propagation (Chairs: Simon BERNARD, Aleksander KLAUSON)
10.3. Target Detection & Classification (Chairs: Corentin COGUENANFF, Paul LEPPER, Geunhwan KIM)
11. Flow-induced Noise & Vibrations (Chairs: Laurent MAXIT, Carsten SPEHR)
11.0. Flow-induced Noise & Vibrations: General (Chair: Laurent MAXIT)
11.1. Experiments in Flow-induced Noise & Vibration (Chairs: Jacques-André ASTOLFI, Carsten SPEHR)
11.2. Numerical methods in Flow-induced Noise & Vibration (Chair: Vincent CLAIR)
11.3. Rotor & Turbomachinery Noise (Chair: Benjamin COTTE)
11.4. Control of Flow Noise (Chair: Gwenael GABARD)
12. Building & Room Acoustics (Chairs: Carl HOPKINS, Jeffrey MAHN)
12.0. Building & Room Acoustics: General (Chairs: Carl HOPKINS, Jeffrey MAHN)
12.1. Requirements, Classification Schemes & Standards in Building Acoustics (Chairs: Birgit RASMUSSEN, Chiara SCROSATI)
12.2. Measurement and Prediction of Airborne and Impact Sound Insulation (Chairs: Edwin REYNDERS, Stefan SCHOENWALD)
12.3. Measurement and Prediction of Sound Absorption in Reverberation Rooms (Chairs: Amandine MAILLET, John DAVY)
12.4. Structure-borne Sound and Equipment Noise in Buildings (Chairs: Berndt ZEITLER, Teresa CARRASCAL)
12.5. Addressing Noise and Vibration Problems in Buildings (Chair: Matthew GOLDEN)
12.6. Low-frequency Measurements and Uncertainty for Building Noise (Chairs: Sunit GIRDHAR, Volker WITTSTOCK)
12.7. Acoustics of Wooden Buildings (Chairs: Jean-Luc KOUYOUMJI, Federica MORANDI)
12.8. Low-carbon Acoustic Treatments and Design Solutions (Chairs: Jonathan BROYLES, Tony LETHULLIER)
12.9. Acoustics of Hospital and Healthcare Spaces (Chairs: Pyoung Jik LEE, Simone CONTA)
12.10. Acoustics of Education Spaces (Chairs: Arianna ASTOLFI, James WHITLOCK)
12.11. Acoustics of Workspaces (Chairs: Valtteri HONGISTO, Marcos HOLTZ)
12.12. Computational Tools for Room Acoustics Prediction (Chairs: Maarten HORNIKX, Albert PRINN)
12.13. Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning for Built Environment (Chairs: Semiha YILMAZER, Volkan ACUN)
12.14. Façade Insulation using Partially Open Windows for Natural Ventilation (Chairs: Lars SOMMER SØNDERGAARD, Jack HARVIE-CLARK)
13. Outdoor Sound Propagation (Chairs: Didier DRAGNA, Maarten HORNIKX)
13.0. Outdoor Sound Propagation: General (Chairs: Didier DRAGNA, Maarten HORNIKX)
13.1. Urban Sound Propagation (Chairs: Maarten HORNIKX, Timothy VAN RENTERGHEM)
13.2. Techniques and Applications of Infrasound Propagation (Chairs: Roger WAXLER, Alexis LE PICHON)
13.3. Advances in Noise Mapping (Chairs: Gaetano LICITRA, Romain RUMPLER)
14. Materials & Passive Treatments (Chairs: Luc JAOUEN, Rodolfo VENEGAS)
14.0. Materials & Passive Treatments: General (Chairs: Luc JAOUEN, Rodolfo VENEGAS)
14.1. Absorption & Transmission of Biobased and Geobased Materials (Chairs: Philippe GLE, Camille PERROT)
14.2. Acoustic Multi-dynamic Materials and Metamaterials (Chairs: Théo CAVALIERI, Jacques CUENCA)
14.3. Measurements and Characterization Methods for Acoustical Materials (Chairs: Mélanie NOLAN, Eric BRENDAO)
14.4. Computational Methods for Acoustic Materials & Sound Packages (Chairs: Benoit NENNIG, Elke DECKERS)
14.5. Visco-elasticity of Materials (Chairs: Thomas WEISSER, Jean-François DEU)
15. Community Noise & Health (Chairs: Irene van KAMP, David MICHAUD)
15.0. Community Noise & Health: General (Chairs: Irene van KAMP, David MICHAUD)
15.1. Occupational Noise and Health (Chairs: Patrick CHEVRET, Hugues NELISSE)
15.2. Healthy Planning and Building (Chairs: Trond MAAG, Jordan LACEY)
15.3. Environmental Impact Assessment (Chairs: Norm BRONER, Jean SIMON)
15.4. Community Response to Noise (Chairs: Dirk SCHREKENBERG, Makoto MORGINAGA)
15.5. Noise and Health (Chairs: Danielle VIENNEAU, Elise VAN KEMPEN)
15.6. Noise and Health in Children (Chairs: Jan SPILSKII, Ma HUI)
15.7. Implementation of Sound Policy in Emerging and Developing Countries (Chairs: Thu Lan NGUYEN, Sonja JERAM)
16. Soundscape (Chairs: Francesco ALETTA, Papatya Nur DOKMECI YORUKOGLU)
16.0. Soundscape: General (Chairs: Francesco ALETTA, Papatya Nur DOKMECI YORUKOGLU)
16.1. Indoor Soundscaping (Chairs: Papatya Nur DOKMECI YORUKOGLU, Simone TORRESIN)
16.2. Psychological and Physiological Evaluation in Soundscape Studies (Chairs: Massimiliano MASULLO, Manish MANOHARE)
16.3. Soundscape Policies and Standards (Chairs: Brigitte SCHULTE-FORKAMP, André FIEBIG)
16.4. Soundscape Design Interventions (Chairs:Cleopatra MOSHONA, Cyntia TARLAO, Keely SIEBEIN)
16.5. Innovative and Multisensory Approaches in Soundscape Studies (Chairs: PJ Lee, Bhan LAM, Tin OBERMAN)
16.6. Soundscapes from the Perspective of Arts/Human Sciences (Chairs: Christine GUILLEBAUD, Sanne KROGH GROTH)
16.7. Machine Learning for Acoustic Scene Understanding (Chairs: Jakob ABESSER, Sebastian STOBER)
17. Perceptual Evaluation of Sounds and Product Noise (Chairs: Ercan ALTINSOY, Masayuki TAKADA)
17.0. Perceptual Evaluation of Sounds and Product Noise: General (Chairs: Ercan ALTINSOY, Masayuki TAKADA)
17.1. Psychological and Physiological Evaluation of Product Noise (Chairs: Etienne PARIZET, André FIEBIG, Katsuya YAMAUCHI)
17.2. Product Sound Quality (Chairs: Ercan ALTINSOY, Masayuki TAKADA)
17.3. Information Technology Equipment and Household Appliance Noises (Chairs: Serkan ATAMER, Junji YOSHIDA, Roland SOTTEK)
17.4. Sound Design (Chairs: Stephan TÖPKEN, Ercan ALTINSOY, Roland SOTTEK)
17.5. Perception and Sound Design for Electric Vehicles (Chairs: Ramón PERAL ORTS, Katsuya YAMAUCHI)
17.6. Psychological Evaluation of Transportation Noise: Train, Aircraft, and Road Traffic Noise (Chairs: Guillaume LEMAITRE, Ercan ALTINSOY, Roland SOTTEK)
17.7. Combined Exposure to Vibration and Noise: Annoyance Perception, Cognitive Performance, Interaction and Design (Chairs: Etienne PARIZET, Ercan ALTINSOY)
17.8. Impulsive Sound (Chairs: Mattias TRIMPOP, Frits VAN DER EERDEN)
17.9. Data Sonification
18. Noise & Impacts on Biodiversity (Chairs: Charlotte CURE, Olivier ADAM)
18.0. Noise & Impacts on Biodiversity: General (Chairs: Charlotte CURE, Olivier ADAM)
18.1. Impacts of Noise Generated by Renewable Energy on Biodiversity (Chairs: Cécile VINCENT, Gaëtan RICHARD)
18.2. Impacts of Transportation Noise on Biodiversity (Chairs: Vincent MEDOC, Eric BAUDIN)
18.3. Ecoacoustics and Analysis of Soundscape (Chair: Flore SAMARAN)
19. Art, Music & Science (Chair: Jean-Baptiste DOC)
19.0. Art, Music & Science: General (Chairs: Jean-Baptiste DOC, Vasileios CHATZIIOANNOU)
19.1. Modeling, Numerical Methods and AI (Chair: Jean-François PETIOT)
19.2. Vibration and Acoustic Measurements of Musical and Sound Sources (Chair: Vincent FREOUR)
19.3. Musical instruments: From Physics to Perception (Chairs: Vincent KOEHL, Bruno GAZENGEL)
20. Education & Popularization (Chairs: Olivier ROBIN, Luc JAOUEN)
20.0. Education & Popularization: General (Chairs: Olivier ROBIN, Luc JAOUEN)
20.1. Innovative Classroom Teaching Materials: Web-based, Interactive Supports, Demonstrations, Comics, Videos (Chairs: Luc JAOUEN, Stephen HAMBRIC)
20.2. Experiential and/or Out-of-the-classroom Teaching Approaches: Mobile teaching, Flipped Classroom, Project-based Learning (Chair: Olivier ROBIN)
20.3. General Public Initiatives: Art, Exhibitions, University Open House, Events (Chairs: Alice DISENMEYER, Gérald ESTADIEU)
21. Noise Control & Social Sciences (Chairs: Chiara VISENTIN, Catherine GUASTAVINO)
21.0. Noise Control & Social Sciences: General (Chairs: Chiara VISENTIN, Catherine GUASTAVINO)
21.1. Non Auditory Effects of Noise Exposure on Communication and Performance (Chair: Chiara VISENTIN)
Click on the next button to access the abstract submission form.
Already a account and wish to update your submission?
You may review, update your abstract or add a new one.
- Opening of abstract submission: 1 November 2023
- Abstract submission deadline: 9 February 2024
- Abstract acceptance notification: 1 March 2024
- Paper submission deadline: 12 April 2024
- Paper acceptance notification: 26 April 2024
- Paper revision deadline: 10 May 2024
- Payment deadline for authors: 10 May 2024
Instructions pour la rédaction des articles et la soumission / procédure de reviewing
Il faut avoir payé pour pouvoir déposer l’article ? (si besoin, renvoi vers l’outil Registration)
Templates (doc et latex ?) en download
Le moment venu : bouton pour soumettre (renvoi vers l’outil de dépôt des articles) ?